How we can help?
Assisting small and large companies in reorganizing.
Whether you are launching a business or engaged in a legal dispute, skilled legal advice from an experienced attorney can be the difference between success and failure. At James N. Cline, P.C. in Roswell, my firm provides knowledgeable legal advice and strong civil advocacy to businesses and individuals. I help new and existing companies satisfy legal standards and resolve problems professionally that minimizes undue hassle and expense. If you require legal support for a business or civil litigation matter, you can count on my more than 20 years of experience helping clients achieve favorable outcomes.
The excitement of starting a new business can quickly turn to feel overwhelmed by the details. As a CPA, I offer my business clients a distinct advantage in advising them equally on legal and financial matters. To ensure your venture starts on a firm foundation, I can help you make informed decisions on items such as:
- Incorporation and tax status — I outline the relative advantages and disadvantages of various legal entities such as corporations, limited partnerships, and limited liability companies. When you consider whether to file as an S or C corporation for tax purposes, my experience as a certified public accountant offers insight that most attorneys cannot provide. After choosing what works best for you, my firm will prepare and file the required materials with the Georgia Secretary of State or the relevant authority in another jurisdiction, if you prefer.
- Buy-sell agreements — Businesses with multiple owners need to prepare detailed guidelines that specify what happens when one owner chooses to surrender their share quickly due to health, financial or other concerns. I work with companies to create clear, thorough buy-sell agreements so that each party’s interests are protected, and clear instructions exist on the transfer of ownership shares.
- Licensing and regulatory requirements — Creating a legal entity for your new business is just the first step. My firm can make sure that you have the necessary government approvals and permits and create internal guidelines that promote compliance with state and federal laws.
At [COMPANYNAME], our business is to know and understand your financial situation. We offer services beyond compliance and combine our experience, expertise, and knowledge to add value as a trusted advisor to your financial situation. We offer the following consulting services:
Every organization can benefit from being introspective, skeptical, and analytical regarding its finances. We work with organizations to develop the predictive capabilities necessary to adapt to rapid changes and outperform their peers. Specifically, we can help you with:
- Driving growth from new markets and opportunities.
- Enhance cash management through working capital optimization and better capital allocation.
- Improve finance operations by focusing on operational effectiveness, financial analytics, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Enable efficient regulatory compliance.
- Effectively manage risk by identifying sources and improvements to mitigate high-risk areas.
Business valuations enable you to determine the value of a business and its components accurately. You must know what a business is worth, whether buying, selling, involved in litigation, or planning your estate. Our highly trained and experienced professionals work with attorneys, other accountants, and financial institutions to ensure you are represented fairly. Our business valuation team is comprised of Certified Valuation Analysts (CVA), Accredited Senior Appraisers (ASA), and accountants Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV). Additionally, they are experienced in testifying in both Federal and State courts. Here is a complete list of business valuation services we provide:
- Marital dissolution
- Partner or shareholder dissolution
- Economic damages or bankruptcy
- Purchase price allocation
- Asset impairment testing
- Intellectual property valuations
- Buy and sell agreements.
- Purchases or sale of a business
- General business planning
Bankruptcy and Insolvency Services
[COMPANYNAME], Bankruptcy and Insolvency Group provides financial advisory services to Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 bankruptcy trustees, debtors, unsecured creditors, and estate fiduciaries. We can aid you in formal insolvency proceedings, out-of-court corporate wind-downs, reorganizations, and liquidations. Details of the various services our bankruptcy and insolvency group offers are detailed below:
- Facilitate electronic records retrieval
- Identify hidden assets
- Assist with asset sales
- Assist with document requests
- Perform claims, insolvency, and fraudulent transfer analyses
- Prepare required tax returns.
- Provide expert testimony
- Assist with the software set-up to segregate pre-and post-petition activity
- Bankruptcy schedule preparation
- Prepare cash flows and budget for actual analysis.
- Perform claims analyses
- Guide the development of a viable reorganization plan
- Prepare required tax returns.
- Assess the reasonableness of cash flows
- Analyze budgets to actuals
- Perform preference analyses
- Investigate insider transactions
- Search for fraudulent transfers and asset misappropriations
- Analyze solvency
- Prepare reports and provide expert testimony.
- Assist with the sale of hard assets
- Assist with negotiating private sales of intangibles
- Develop causes of action to recover assets
- Distribute estate assets to creditors based on a priority ranking
Fraud is an ever-present and growing problem for business organizations. It can go undetected for years and is often committed by “trusted” employees. Fraud impacts nearly every organization regardless of size, and the costs can be substantial.
At [COMPANYNAME], our forensic accounting team is comprised of highly trained Certified Fraud Examiners (CFE’s) and accountants Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF’s). We believe the best way to deal with fraud is to prevent it. Our approach goes beyond looking at the numbers to analyze and interpret them and understand the story they tell. We assess and protect organizations from fraud through a rigorous step by step approach as follows:
- Evaluate your organization’s overall fraud risk
- Identify possible fraud schemes with an eye toward industry-specific criteria.
- Rate any recognized schemes and analyze risk tolerance
- Develop policies, procedures, and strategies to mitigate the fraud
- Implement and test detection and prevention against future fraud
A business strategy is the means by which it sets out to achieve its desired ends.
If you have been selected for a business audit, here is what you need to know.
Restructuring your company could restore its viability and improve its liquidity position.
- End of Covid Emergency Declarations Put Work from Home Benefits at Risk June 1, 2023
- Delving Into Forensic Accounting June 1, 2023
- How To Recession-Proof Your Portfolio (Just in Case) June 1, 2023
- 7 Tips to Save Money This Summer June 1, 2023
- Upholding Human Agency in an Era of Evolving Digital Systems June 1, 2023
- Increasing the Federal Debt Limit, Improving Disaster Resources and Attempting to Reduce Government Waste June 1, 2023